Thank you, 2017!

by - Monday, January 01, 2018

It's that time again when I try to start fresh with my blog. 2017 was a crazy fast year for me and there's no excuse for not being able to blog. I have just been too busy and lazy at the same time.

Updates, I have finished my BS-IT course from Informatics College (now Gardner College), I took my internship at DTI-CITEM and proudly, I am now working as a Web Developer with the same government agency. *Yep! Finally a "Kawani ng Gobyerno" lol.

I have had my fair share of ups and downs for 2017. It gave me a handful of learnings, lessons and realizations. Though these learnings aren't really new, it's just that I never apply what I learn. I was always that girl who knows what she should do, but she's not doing anything. I guess life really is all about the trivial things that makes you think and makes you realize that after the roller coaster ride, life still is worth living.

So here's what 2017 has made me realize which I hope I could get my mind into as I start my 2018.

1. Don't Apologize For Changing Your Field.
 For me, leaving Medical Technology after about 5 years of studying and 2 years of working was difficult but necessary. I had to accept that it was okay for me to change fields, that I will excel in what I want to do, and wish that I had spent less energy trying to prove that to others who never believed in what I am capable of.

2. Get Rid of Toxic Culture.
 A lot of people tend to act like always being the alpha. Like they can never be wrong. For 2018, I should try my best to get rid of anything that's toxic for me. I might not be able to totally get rid of it but I'll try my best to avoid those people who can't even let me finish my own sentence, meaning they don't want to listen.

3. Just because I love what I do, I owe anyone to work for free.
 Ever since I learned how to do graphic design and web development, I think a lot of people were asking me to do things for free, where it started as small images until I'll be doing a whole website for them, for free. Like, yeah, I LOVE what I do, but should I always do it for free? I don't mean to be someone that's always for money, but hey, it would be great if I could get even a small token as 'thank you' right?

4. Stop Overthinking.
 I always tend to overthink things. Like a simple gesture of someone towards others, I would always try to think the reason behind it. I always ask, "why?" when the answer was simply 'just because'. I should stop stressing my self into over thinking into things that are meant to be simple.

5. I am who I am, and I am ENOUGH.
 I guess there's no need for elaboration here. I am who I am, and I am enough. I may lack with some other things, but as long as I know that I am doing and giving my best in anything that I do, I know that it should be enough. :)

So aside from those 5, I have had a lot of realizations which I guess would be too long for a blog post. Lol. As the title of this blog post says, "Thank you, 2017!" Thank you because 2017 has been so great despite of the challenges and disappointments I had to face. I was able to stand strong and be a better version of myself, ready to face 2018.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Again, I will try my best to post here in my blog for 2018. :)

Happy New Year everyone! :)

You May Also Like

0 comments